I’ve had a busy few days over the bank holiday weekend accompanied by feeling unwell so a brief post for you today.
One of the nicest parts of my weekend was going punting on the River Cam for the afternoon. Although we punted through the city itself (rather than out to Grantchester), we still saw some interesting wildlife, and I’m hoping I can convince my boyfriend that we should try and head out on the river out to Grantchester during the 30 Days Wild Challenge in June!
Viewing nature from a river is a fantastic way of getting closer to some of the wildlife. I’ve found that birds in particular are sometimes a little less scared of you when you’re quietly going along in a boat than when you’re using any other mode of transport. It’s fantastic and I’m hoping to manage to get out in a boat during June!
Here is a photo of the start of our punting journey!
- Head out in a kayak/boat/punt and see what wildlife you can spot
- Go out on a dawn chorus punt/kayak
- If you’re near the sea, go snorkelling and see what you can find
- Paddle in the nearest river to you (make sure its safe to first though)
- Go birdwatching by a river/the sea
I’m sure I’ll add more to this list as I go along, but that’s all from me for now!