Today found me having a driving lesson and end up in Cambridge City centre. I had some shopping to do and then found myself a bit of nature by sitting on one of the meadows by the river, writing this post and enjoying my knitting.
I decided I should brainstorm some city centre wild acts!
- Try and find a flower growing out of the pavement or a wall. Marvel at the places plants can grow!
- Find your nearest grassy place and enjoy the feel of it on your bare feet
- Go out at night and see if you have any wildlife around at night
- Read a nature book under a tree
- Climb the tree!
- If your city has a river, hire a boat and see what wildlife you can see
- Plant some flowers in pots for your window/balcony/garden and watch it grow
- Put a bird feeder out and see what birds you can attract
- Play pooh sticks over a bridge if you’ve got a river (but only use branches lying on the ground, don’t kill any plants in the process)
- Take your favourite craft activity outside and create something while listening to the birds
Living in the city is no excuse for not being wild!
Here’s some photos of where I was writing this post: